Saturday, January 29, 2011

Venting my spleen

I've been suffering from strange health issues....
I had a bout of what I assumed to be salmonella last summer, the week of two of my best friends' marriage in PA. Mr. Pink ate some bad meat, got sick, and I, whilst nursing him to health, fell ill as well. He recovered in 3 days, I took 3 weeks.. and got better, and got ill again, never to recover.

This continued off and on until finally, in January, I called a doctor in PA. Awkwardly I explained my strange bowel problems, my migraine for nearly 2 weeks straight, and was exausted enough to feel that I'd gotten mono again, which of course is against the odds, although being an oddling I may beat them. 

Among other things, one was clear: I suffer from malnutrition, probably due to malabsorbtion of fats.  There was an assumptive hope that this was caused by my body's rebellion to an allergy.  So.. a diet was proposed, stringent and severe, especially for me, as a vegetarian. No dairy--goat sheep or cow--no soy, no wheat/gluten. I agreed, not realizing the week after was my birthday..dismal day indeed.   My tongue was unhappy, but my belly was getting better... and migraines were skipping a day (yup, that makes 3 weeks of off and on migraines). Turned out, dairy isn't the problem. Wheat/gluten it seems, may be. For a vegetarian, that limits many foods eaten outside of 's own kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment